Sunday, June 5, 2011

Allotment time

What a difference a few weeks make, compare these pics to the ones further down this page!
Everything is just romping away


Time to get the nets out, my least favourite job, trying to unravel them in the wind takes a long time !
I've got so much to net , 3 stawberry beds, about 50 raspberry plants, 7 blueberry bushes, redcurrant and blackcurrant bushes, cherry trees and of course all the brassica's


I've managed to sqeeze onions in every spare bit of space , this year I am determined not to buy a single onion, we only ran out of last years crop in march




Lots of apples on my 3 apple trees, My 2 plum trees are also covered in plums but only 2 of my 5 cherry trees are producing lots of cherries? lots of patience is needed when growing fruit


All the sweetcorns in - about 100 this year, all grown myself from seed, shallots and garlic are nearly ready, wont be buying any this year

Strawberry bed 1 , I now have 3 ,one for every  year, I'm picking about 5 punnets everyday at the moment so we're all putting on weight with all the cream that goes with them
My big dilema is do I dig this bed up now as its 3 years old now, I dont think I can make myself do it as it producing so much fruit?


The poly is still standing, we've had a few gales since we put it up, one with 80mph gusts and it did'nt even flinch, its full of tomatoes 12, peppers 11,cucumbers 4, courgettes,melons,kiwi , I wish I'd got a bigger one now as it's jam packed full, I'll put lots more pics on next weekend - things are moving so fast I cant pick fast enough !!

2 comments:

artworkbyangie said...

Yummy! looks gorgeous - not only packed with lovely fruit and veg, but very pretty too...I love how the purple pops out of green with the foxgloves, I'd love to spend an afternoon with a watercolour pad on your allotment :-)

Helen Philipps said...

Today is my first visit to your blog, I've just commented on the post above and then scrolled down and found your beautiful allotment pictures!! It looks so wonderful and filled with produce, what an achievement.
Your work is gorgeous too - I'll be back to explore a bit more!
Helen x